Monday, October 15, 2007

Added almost 50 more short codes to the directory

I haven't blogged here about new short codes for a long time. Since then, we have added about 50 more short codes to our unofficial directory. So right now we have 448 short codes in the directory.

The "official" directory at www.usshortcodes.com has 355 short codes in their directory. There are too many new codes in the directory to say something about each one. If you had signed up for the newsletter, you would have been emailed the basics on all of them. All 448 are at www.usshortcodeswhois.com.

I suppose I could say something about one of the more interesting additions to the directory. Most of the new codes I added because they were in the "official" directory. However, there was one that I was notified by someone who thinks that they were spammed. The code is 32339 and it is a vanity code that spells DADDY. I received a notice to my WHOIS directory that a person (phone number not provided) doesn't think that they signed up for it, but they received a text message from DADDY. As I do, I texted HELP to 32339 and the reply message directed me to http://www.godaddy.com/mobilesupport.

At this godaddy page, it tells me that "Currently, we are allowing subscriptions to the GoDaddy.com Alerts service through a special promotional offer. You must have the correct keyword to subscribe. If you received the Danica Patrick trading card during the Indianapolis 500, check it for the keyword. Or, you can visit the Hot Spot page on Godaddy.com to locate the keyword under the Danica Patrick section. Then, simply text the keyword to DADDY (32339) to receive your Danica Patrick wallpaper and a subscription to GoDaddy.com Alerts."

So why is Godaddy only promoting a Danica Patrick wallpaper? Don't the other drivers look good in swimming suits....maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home