Friday, March 24, 2006

Text Code Under the Bottle Cap to 2653 (COKE)

I put a dollar in a machine and then opened up my 20 oz. bottle of Coke. The label told me of their rewards program and told me to go online or text the code under the bottle cap. Cool! So I looked under the cap, and saw three rows of 5 characters (mixed letters and numbers). Uh no, I have to turn T9 predictive text off.

I thought to myself, what do they want me to text, so I texted the first row (Lkx4M). I received response of "Sorry, the format of your message was incorrect. - The Coca-Cola Company."

So I then texted (Bnhjtl4rlklkx4m). I recieved response of "MyCokeRewards: Visit mycokerewards.com to register and link your mobile phone within 72 hours and you will receive 3 points for your code." I just couldn't wait.

So I went to the website and registered. I was told to text 'Link f7pxd3vh'. So I texted 'Link f7pxd3vh' and I received a text message response of "Thank you for registering your mobile phone with a web site of the The Coca-Cola Company.

Awesome, Fantastic, and oh ya, my eyes and fingers are tired after reading the code under the cap and doing all that texting and web input. But I have my 3 points. What do I get? Well, after 7 more points, I will get a free 2-liter. Although I am bit scared on how difficult it will be to get it.
Do you think I will get a mobile coupon to bring to the store? You do? You want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from me - 500 coke points.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not related to the post, but just wanted to say that thanks for this blog. I will be reading it regularly. It will be a good idea if we can also find out who is providing the SMS service to new short codes.

7:11 PM  
Blogger lee49455 said...

Coke rewards will not register the computer locks up on step two. Oh darn but reading these comments gives me so many ideas like giving them to the needy thanks.
And to think we buy about fifteen twelve pks a week and I was about to give up and throw 60 of these codes away.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home