Friday, January 27, 2006

Global Alerts - 66466 in the US

This is an alerts provider with coverage in countries on five countries. Impressive but remember, this is the US Short Codes WHOIS. I did not put 55655 in the Title because that is their Canadian short code.

So what alerts can you get through 66466: Astro, Fun, Joke, KO, Love, Lord, Health, and Mango. Are they missing anything? I don't know.

I sent 'astro' to 66466 as they said on http://www.glomobi.com/index.php?c=us&s=astro. It is $1 per message or $30 per month according to T&Cs on the website. I didn't get a message after 2 minutes and I don't feel like waiting, before posting this entry. I wasn't going to reply 'Y' anyways to subscribe. I was just curious.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE TV SAYS THEY ARE ALL FREE. STOP FALSE ADVERTISING. I WANT MY MONEY BACK

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAD IDEA TO CALL. WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME.. IVE NEVER CALLED, AND I NEVER WILL. I HAVE WAY TO MUCH "REAL" STUFF GOING ON. AND HOW THE HELL CAN THEY TEACH YOU TO KISS BY A TEXT MSG..LMFAO (MOTHER OF 6 KIDS HERE..) SIGH.. 66466 IS A TRAP TO GET YOUR CASH. READ THE FINE PRINT.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Ana mota said...

Please stop sending me text messages; I am no longer interested nor want to continue to recieve any horoscopes. I've tried several times to cancel & it was very difficult.Please stop! Thank you my mobile # is:646-462-5819

1:11 PM  
Blogger www.longnumbers.com said...

To Ana Mota and anyone else:
This is a directory. We are not associated with 66466. We can't stop. You need to contact the provider. If no luck, then contact the FTC:
The FTC takes complaints on unauthorized phone charges both
through our
website, and by phone.

Whether someone is filling out the complaint form or calling us,
it
would be extra helpful if they would note as much detail, such
as this
being related to a "short code" and or mobile bill.

The complaint form can be accessed easily through our main web
page
(www.ftc.gov), which redirects people to this web page:
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Our main information and complaint line is toll-free,
1-877-FTC-HELP
(1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261.

Here's a link on unauthorized charges in general:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/services/cramming.shtm

Please pass all that information on to anyone who has complaints
in this
area!

The Federal Communications Commission also takes complaints on
phone-related charges. Let me know if you want a contact to
speak to
there.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, good site very much appreciatted

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home